2022 Beauty Grand Prix
The ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada Beauty Grand Prix is an exciting opportunity to cement your brand’s reputation in the cosmetics industry. The annual competition invites a judging panel of ELLE readers—your valued customers—to vote for their favourite products in a blind test. The winners are then unveiled at a celebratory gala event.Register
WELCOME TO THE 2022 ELLE QUÉBEC/ELLE CANADA BEAUTY GRAND PRIX!
The ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada Beauty Grand Prix is an exciting opportunity to cement your brand’s reputation in the cosmetics industry. The annual competition invites a judging panel of ELLE readers—your valued customers—to vote for their favourite products in a blind test. The winners are then unveiled at a celebratory gala event.
The Beauty Grand Prix will not only provide your brand with a prestigious platform, but also allow you to:
- Win over our readers
- Capitalize on the influence of the trusted ELLE brand
- Receive outstanding visibility on the ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada platforms (print, online, and newsstand)
What can winning this Canada-wide competition deliver?
- A spotlight on your product(s)
- New consumers who are excited to try your product(s)
- A boost in product sales
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s edition of Canada’s most respected industry awards.
Good luck to all!
Joanie Pietracupa, Editor-in-chief, ELLE Canada / ELLE QuébecNext step To Enter
After you register for the Beauty Grand Prix, your product will be blind-tested for 11 weeks by a cross-Canada panel of judges, whose reviews will then be sent to you for possible promotional use.
- A promotional campaign deployed across all of the ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada platforms will invite readers to fill in an online registration form.
- 600 judges will be selected to join one of 15 judging panels (40 readers per panel) which will each blind-test and rate the products in one category.
- The judges will compile their comments and scores in a logbook and return their verdict.
- For each category, the product with the highest average score will be declared the winner of the 2022 ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada Beauty Grand Prix.
And for the gentlemen…
- Male judges will be recruited via ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada social media platforms and directly through our network of readers.
- The men who are selected will be part of a judging panel of 40 participants who will blind-test and rate products from 3 different categories geared toward men.
Put your reviews to use :
- Once the results are compiled, we will share them with you and give your team access to the judges’ detailed comments about your products, giving your brand a direct line to the sincere opinions of Canadian men and women who are passionate about beauty products.
- You will be able to use these comments for promotional purposes (subject to approval) until the results of the 2023 Beauty Grand Prix are announced.
To participate, you must:
- Register your products by December 17, 2021. (Please note that a shampoo-conditioner duo is considered to be an individual product and requires only one registration fee.)
- Send 2 samples (regular size) of each registered product* to the attention of: ELLE Beauty Grand Prix 2020, 651 Notre-Dame West, Suite 100, Montreal, Quebec, H3C 1H9, before December 17, 2021.
- Send 40 products (regular size) of the registered products to the attention of: Mario Duffour Effica-Poste, 1845 Dagenais West Blvd, Laval, Quebec, H7L 5A3, (Phone number: 450-625-0110) before December 17, 2021. Please note that the office will be closed between December 23-January 2 inclusively and products will not be accepted during those dates.
- For any additional information, please contact us at [email protected]
*In order to preserve the anonymity of the judging, we will not accept products with embossed packaging or engraved logos.
- We handle the process of concealing your product’s branding in order to preserve blind-testing before seamlessly sorting, packing and shipping thousands of beauty products coast-to-coast. The registration fee helps cover the cost of shipping and handling and allows us to share readers’ impressions with you. The fee for each registered product is $1,100.00 CAD (plus tax), and you are asked to provide 40 free samples (regular size) to be tested by our judges.
- Once we have announced the winners, those winners must provide an additional 10 samples of each awarded product for use in a reader contest.
- Once again, this year, if your brand registers 10 products, the 11th registration is free.
This year, winning products will be selected from 5 groups, which are divided into 44 categories.
To ensure that the submitted products are tested against products of similar value, our categories are subdivided into price ranges. We reserve the right to establish these price ranges according to the products that are registered at the end of the registration period.
- Anti-aging day cream
- Anti-aging night cream
- Day serum
- Eye area skincare (creams, gels etc)
- Eye mask patches
- Face mask
- Face mist
- Face oil
- Face scrub
- Face solar protection
- Face wash
- Lip balm
- Makeup remover
- Moisturizing day cream
- Night serum
- Toning lotion
- Concealer (beige or natural shade)
- Eye pencil (black shade)
- Eyebrow products
- Eyeshadow palette (maximum of 6 colors)
- Lipstick (red shade only)
- Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara (black shade)
- Nail polish that does not require topcoat (red shade only)
- Setting products
- Tinted cream (BB, CC and other tinted creams in fair to medium shades)
- Dry shampoo
- Hair mask
- Haircare products (serum, oil, cream..)
- Hairstyling products
- Shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair
- Shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair
- Shampoo and conditioner for non-coloured hair
- Body lotion
- Body scrub
- Body wash
- Body oil
- Hand cream
- Self tanner
- Aftershave (balm, lotion, oil, etc.)
- Face wash
- Moisturizing face cream
NOTE: You may register only one product per category.Next step To Enter
- The results of the Beauty Grand Prix will be announced in a special feature published in November 2022 in ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada.
- A contest announced in the same issues will offer 10 lucky readers the chance to win all of the awarded products.
- The ellequebec.com and ellecanada.com sites will showcase the winning products.
- Content related to the Beauty Grand Prix will be promoted on ELLE Québec and ELLE Canada’s social media feeds and pages.
- Winners will receive 5,000 free Beauty Grand Prix stickers to affix to winning product packaging.
- Winners will be allowed to use the official Beauty Grand Prix logo on in-store promotional material and websites, as well as in online stores (subject to approval), until the results of next year’s Beauty Grand Prix are announced.